Thursday 29 January 2015

My First Week Back

Before my return to work I was a mix of emotions. On one hand I was looking forward to getting back to work. I missed my work friends, I missed the adult conversation and secretly I longed for the independence. I thought I'd enjoy getting out of the house for a while on my own.

While I've enjoyed getting out of the house, as expected I've missed Logan something crazy. The hardest bit for me so far is I've missed 5 bed times. I miss the routine, the cuddle before I put him down, the look of excitement when I pass him his favourite bear. However it's a small price I've got to pay.

The thing I've loved the most so far is feeling like I matter. A lot of mums will speak of the feeling of being taken for granted. While I don't quite feel like I'm taken for granted in our house, I do sometimes feel like I'm under appreciated. It's really nice to be back in an evironment where I'm appreciated.

On return from maternity leave I've taken 2 steps down from my previous position. So I'm now an assistant that know's how to do everything. Which has made me a bit of a commodity. It's nice to be needed.

I'm sure this feeling won't last forever and in time I won't be the shiny new toy anymore and i'll fade into the background and become part of the bump and grind and I won't get too upset when I miss bedtime, but for now, it's nice to be back.

2 comments:

  1. I am exactly the same! I cannot wait to go back to work so I can be Amy again not just housewife/Mummy but I will miss S like crazy! But you've just got to think your doing it for Logan :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When are you going back? I know, it's best for everyone, it'll just take a bit of getting used to :p xxx

      Delete