Tuesday 19 August 2014

Hair Loss!

Its not something you want to be talking about at 24 but it's happening! Thankfully I quickly found out that it's a common occurrence postpartum and will usually stop by your baby's first birthday. However that doesn't make it much easier to deal with!

At first it was just really annoying. It started about 2 months after I gave birth. I stupidly dyed my hair with a home dye kit. Something I've done a lot before I was pregnant and never had any problems. My hair was a bit lifeless and boring and I wanted to do something nice, for me. How stupid was I! I thought at first it was just the old dead hair falling out and it was stop within a few days. 2 months later and it's still falling out. It's not just a strand here are there. I wash my hair every day, I wish i didn't need to but I do. It feels like there's more hair going down the plug than on my head! And don't get me started on how often I need to unblock the plug hole! GROSS! When I dry my hair after the shower I am literally covered in hair. My cream carpet? COVERED.  

I'm starting to get a widows peak! That wasn't there 4 months ago.

Therefor I've booked to get my hair cut on Monday. I've contemplated getting it cut really short. Like pixie cut short. But I don't have the guts to do that. I think a long bob is about as short as I can go. Though I wear my hair up constantly now, so what difference does it make. 

Have you experienced something similar? Please tell me it stopped eventually! 
Kirsty x

No comments:

Post a Comment