Friday 29 August 2014

Breaking A Habit

Logan has always been a really good sleeper at night. From very early on he slept from 10-5/6 now he usually sleeps from 9pm to 7am then usually goes back down from 8am till 10/11am, which is fantastic. We still haven't managed to conquer sleeping during the day which can sometimes lead to a very grumpy little man. However I can handle that when he sleeps so well at night.

The problem I'm now facing is trying to change anything about him sleeping at night. I appreciate the sleep I get at night sooo much that I'm too apprehensive to change anything about it incase it disturbs his sleeping pattern. 


From day one we've been swaddlers. Maybe that has contributed to him sleeping so well at night. He always seemed to prefer being wrapped up ti
ght when he slept. Which up until now has been great, no problems. However now he's beginning to get more mobile. He hasn't quite mastered rolling from his back to his tummy, but he isn't far off it. When this day finally arrives the swaddling will need to stop. His arms need to be free incase he manages to roll over in his sleep and he would need them to push himself back over.

So I think I'm going to try a gradual approach. Try loosening the swaddle or try only swaddling his legs and leave his arms free to see how well he gets on. But what if it's a disaster? What if he can't sleep without being swaddled? What if everytime he moves he wakes himself up because he isn't wrapped up? I'm not sure I'll cope if I have a baby that can't sleep at night and won't sleep during the day. The day is fast approaching when I'll have to bite the bullet and loose the swaddle. How long can I put this day off I wonder?
Do you still swaddle? Have you succeeded in losing the swaddle? I'd love to hear about your experience!

Kirsty x

No comments:

Post a Comment